The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions are adapted with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. Permission to adapt the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions does not mean that AA is in any way affiliated with this program. AA is a program of recovery from alcoholism---use of the Steps and Traditions in connection with programs and activities which are patterned after AA, but which address other problems, does not imply otherwise.
- The MAWS Literature Committee has proposed adopting Another Doctor's Opinion and including it in official MA literature. This will be a topic of discussion at the MAWS Conference in late May. Members are encouraged to read the document and then attend the May business meetings for the meetings they attend and vote on whether to recommend including the document in official literature.
- The 2016 MAWS Conference is at the end of May. Matters affecting MA as a whole are discussed and voted upon at the conference; individual meetings should discuss and vote at business meetings to send their group conscience to the District Service Committee and then on to MAWS. Motion packet is available to print and take to meetings. Longer, full MAWS Conference delegate packet is available to help individual members understand the topics that will be discussed at the conference in May.
- New Women's Meeting! Starts April 22, 7-8:15pm at Kaiser CDRP, 969 Broadway, Oakland. Second floor, room 8. Open to all women, including trans/genderqueer. More info in this flyer.
- Fundraiser at Oakland A’s games this summer. 5/3, 5/27, 6/13, 7/21, 8/10, 9/9; all 7:30pm games. Contact Chris McC for details.
- Camping trips with MA this summer. June 3-5 at Pfeiffer Big Sur (space available for a few more people; contact Meredith). July 8-10 at Samuel P Taylor State Park (contact John L.).
- H&I subcommittee is looking for volunteers to participate in panels, especially younger people.Contact the H&I chair (Jon G) for more info.
- Monthly District Service Committee (DSC) meets on the second Sunday of the month at First Congregational Church, 2501 Harrison St. Oakland, 6:00pm.
- Support MA meetings: Sunday meeting need support from people willing to do service.District 13 (MA Online) needs support from folks with clean time.